Race information is your one stop shop for everything about the Kansas City Marathon presented by Garmin. Find information about upcoming promotions, course maps and comments, suggested training schedules, pace teams, photos and results & awards.
No packet pickup or registration on race day.
The Kansas City Marathon presented by Garmin has been selected for TripAdvisor’s 50 US Road Races to Attempt in Your Lifetime.
Why should you run the Kansas City Marathon presented by Garmin?
There are so many great reasons including:
- All registered full marathon and half marathon participants will receive a FREE pair of Kansas City Marathon branded goodr sunglasses (valued at $25). 5K and 10K participants will also have the option to purchase this commemorative item during online registration only.
- This is Kansas City’s largest and most exciting annual race event and it gives runners a tour of the city’s most beautiful landmarks and cool neighborhoods, including the World War I Memorial, the Country Club Plaza, the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art, Waldo, Westport, 18th & Vine and more.
- Fireworks to kick off the race!
- Runners can ring the Garmin Celebration Gong to celebrate their new PR, their first time finishing a race, qualifying for Boston, or their first time running in the Kansas City Marathon presented by Garmin!
- All runners will receive a cool participant shirt, a finisher’s medal, FREE downloadable race photos, FREE food, FREE beer, and FREE massages at the Finish Line Festival.
VIP Space at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center
- Private indoor VIP space to relax in before and after the race with plenty of room to stretch
- VIP gear check
- Private restrooms reserved only for VIP participants
- Complimentary pre-race food and drinks including water, coffee, Powerade, assorted breads, bagels and bananas
- Reserved parking near the start/finish area
- Fun photo backdrops
- Post-race stretching and injury screening
The VIP space will be open from 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. and cost $75. The VIP opportunity can be purchased during online registration. Click here to purchase the VIP package. Online registration for the VIP Package will close at midnight on Tuesday night. The VIP Package can still be purchased at the Health & Fitness Expo.
Be sure to get connected with the Kansas City Marathon presented by Garmin.
Follow us on Twitter @KCMarathon.
The KC Marathon is also on Instagram! Follow KCMarathon.
Get connected and add #RunKCM to all your posts and share your training and journey to the finish line!