Race information is your one stop shop for everything about the Kansas City Marathon presented by Garmin. Find information about upcoming promotions, course maps and comments, suggested training schedules, pace teams, photos and results & awards.
The Kansas City Marathon presented by Garmin has been selected for TripAdvisor’s 50 US Road Races to Attempt in Your Lifetime.
Why should you run the Kansas City Marathon presented by Garmin?
There are so many great reasons including:
- This is Kansas City’s largest and most exciting annual race event and it gives runners a tour of the city’s most beautiful landmarks and cool neighborhoods, including the World War I Memorial, the Country Club Plaza, the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art, Waldo, Westport, 18th & Vine and more.
- Fireworks to kick off the race and a huge after party with live music, free food and local beer!
- Runners can ring the Garmin Celebration Gong to celebrate their new PR, their first time finishing a race, qualifying for Boston, or their first time running in the Kansas City Marathon presented by Garmin!
- All runners will receive a cool participant shirt, a finisher’s medal, FREE downloadable race photos, FREE food, FREE beer, and FREE massages at the Finish Line Festival.
VIP Space at the Westin Kansas City at Crown Center
- Private indoor VIP space to relax in before and after the race with plenty of room to stretch
- VIP gear check
- Private restrooms reserved only for VIP participants
- Complimentary pre-race food and drinks including water, coffee, Powerade, assorted breads, bagels and bananas
- Reserved parking near the start/finish area
- Fun photo backdrops
- Post-race massages
The VIP space will be open from 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. and the cost is $75. The VIP opportunity can be purchased during online registration. Click here to purchase the VIP package.
Want to meet the legendary Jeff Galloway? Join “America’s Coach” in Kansas City the evening before race day! Jeff will give you the information you need to reach your running goals at this highly motivating and interactive class. Among other things, Jeff will provide tips on how to reach your goals injury free, as well as tips on nutrition, running form, setting up pace, running hills, breathing and finishing a race strong. Space is limited!
When: Friday, October 19
Time: 5-8 p.m.
Where: Arthur Stilwell Room, Union Station, 30 West Pershing Road, Kansas City, MO 64105
Cost: $99 per person
Be sure to get connected with the Kansas City Marathon presented by Garmin.
Follow us on Twitter @KCMarathon.
The KC Marathon is also on Instagram! Follow KCMarathon.
Get connected and add #RunKCM to all your posts and share your training and journey to the finish line!