Time for a “Six Month Checkup”
I started to schedule my dental six month checkup and hesitated. Not because I don’t want to, as weird as it sounds, I actually don’t mind visiting my dentist every six months. I am proud to tout that I have never worn braces, never had a root canal let alone even a filling. It probably helps that I brush twice a day and even floss, okay, now I’m bragging.
As you are brushing your teeth next time, take a moment to smile with me about all the great things that have happened in Kansas City sports so far this year.
- Kansas City hosted more college basketball games in March than anywhere in the country
- Six local women were honored at our WIN for KC Annual Women’s Sports Awards Celebration luncheon with keynote speaker Olympic swimmer Amy Van Dyken-Rouen.
- Five local sports heroes were recognized at our annual Sports Commission Awards Banquet and the crowd enjoyed Rob Riggle’s take on Kansas City Sports.
- We were awarded an additional FOUR years of Big 12 Men’s Basketball – keeping the championship in K.C. through 2020
- The newly formed Big 12 Wrestling Championship was awarded to Kansas City – happening March 5 & 6 in 2016
- Camp WIN week one just wrapped up with 200+ girls learning 16+ sports. Check out this video about Camp WIN
- Over 150 kids were taught basic tennis skills at our KCSC Youth Clinic Series powered by KCP&L
And as you’re flossing, how can you not smile even more about our Kansas City Royals, Will Shields being inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and that four FC Kansas City players are on the USA Women’s World Cup team!
Okay, dialing my dentist now.
For more information about us check out our newsletter.
By Kathy Nelson, President & CEO