about this event
The Course of Dreams 5K Open Cross Country Run is open to runners and walkers of all ages and abilities and gives you an opportunity to escape the roads and jump on the grass for a unique course at a unique event. Whether you are a high school cross country runner or someone who has always wanted to run a cross country course, everyone is welcome to join us as we celebrate the sport of cross country! This will not be a technical course and is a race for all abilities.
Date: Saturday, July 30, 2011
Location: Shawnee Mission Park
The race will start and finish on the grounds of beautiful Shawnee Mission Park. The race will have a traditional cross country start and will follow a manicured grass path around the grounds of the park. Also enjoy:
- MARA Grand Prix event
- Official event shirts
- Accurate and well marked course
- Chip timing
- Awards & post race food/drink
Sign up online through Thursday, July 28, 2011 at 7:00 PM.
||by July 3
If the race has to be called off due to weather, no refunds will be given.
To download a .pdf version of the flyer and registration form, click here.
schedule of start times
13 and Under Boys/Girls 3K
Awards for top 10 boys and girls: 6-8, 9-11, 12-13
||14-18 Boys/Girls 5K
Awards for top 15 boys and girls
||Open Women (19+) 5K
||Open Male (19+) 5K
Awards for top 3 in each age division
Awards for Top Male/Top Female and Masters Male/Female
Men & Women Open:
Each team can sign up 5 members, and the top 3 finishers will score. All team members must run in the same race. Divisions - Open Male, Open Female, 14-18 Boys/Girls, 13 and Under Boys/Girls.
Creating a team online is fast and easy!
- The team must designate a Team Captain (it doesn’t matter who this is).
- The Captain must register FIRST, completing all steps of the registration process.
- The Captain will then create a team online by selecting the “Yes, I want to Create a Team” under the Team dropdown.
- Once the team is created, the Captain will receive an email with the team name & number which he/she should distribute to the other team members.
- The other team members can now register themselves and search for their team by selecting "Yes, I want to Join a Team" under the Team dropdown.
Registration and Packet Pick-up
Friday, July 29, 2011
3:00 - 6:00 PM
Garry Gribble's Running Sports
Stoll Park - 119th and Quivira
Saturday, July 30, 2011 (Race Morning)
Starting at 6:00 AM
Everyone must be registered and have packets picked up 30 minutes before your scheduled race.
For more information about the event contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical registration questions, please contact Carrie Helfers at email@example.com