NEW IN 2019!
Have you always wanted to train for a triathlon – but the swim leg makes you squeamish? Does the bike leg make your booty ache? Does running give you nightmares about shin splints? We’ve got the solution for you.
We are so excited to offer a fully curated WIN for KC Triathlon Training Program. In addition to receiving a clear schedule of individual training activities, program participants will meet as a group to train together three times per week:
- Tuesday evenings for a group swim session at the Swope Park Pool
- Thursday evenings for a group bike ride at Longview Lake
- Sunday mornings for a group run or brick workout at Swope Park (to be followed by a race preparedness clinic covering topics such as gear, nutrition, fixing a flat and setting up your transition area)
We will make sure you are fully prepared for race day. You’ll have the training, the knowledge, the confidence and the support system to take you across the finish line.
Cost – $335 (plus $15 for USAT 1-day license)
Training Program Includes:
- WIN for KC Triathlon race entry
- 8-week curated program comprised of 3 coach-led group training sessions per week (that’s just $14 per workout!!)
- 7 race preparedness clinics (held following the Sunday group training session) covering subjects such as gear, nutrition, fixing a flat and setting up your transition area
- Cycling Kansas City annual membership
- Commemorative WIN for KC branded gift
- VIP space within the transition area during race
- Kick-off event and post-race celebration
- Questions?? Email TriTraining@WINforKC.org
Space is strictly limited to ensure ample time for 1-on-1 training, so register NOW!
ADDITIONAL TRIATHLON TRAINING RESOURCES
Listed below are some great opportunities to help you prepare for our race! These opportunities are hosted by some of our great partners in the community and we encourage you to take advantage of them as you prepare to cross the finish line.
KC WOMEN TRI
Our partners at KC Women Tri offer a fun, educational, and empowering 8-week ALL WOMEN triathlon clinic from June 10, 2019 until July 29, 2019. They meet on Mondays at 6pm at the Longview Lake Beach House. Visit the registration page to learn more.
THE REDS TRIATHLON TEAM
The Reds Triathlon Team is turning 10 years old this year! We couldn’t have done it without such an awesome community of athletes here in Kansas City. From our first timers to those who have been with The Reds since the start, we have all levels of athletes and while our fitness levels may vary, our commitment to hard work, creating a supportive community, living a healthy lifestyle, & having fun keep us all moving forward together. Thank you KC for an awesome first decade – and we can’t wait to meet even more of you! Come give The Reds a TRI 🙂